Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Almost there: Dossier!


I got an email today from our courier saying our last four documents were submitted to the Chinese Consulate in Chicago and we will have them back by next week.  That means that next week, we will have a completed dossier!  I will make three complete copies and then I will be ready to mail the most important document I've ever compiled.  We got preapproval for Asher in October of last year, so this dossier will be roughly 6 months worth of work.  It's such a great feeling, but it's also making me a little nervous because that dossier will just go and sit at our agency until we come up with around $2,500 to get it sent to China.  That is just more time that Asher has to wait.  More time that he doesn't have his family.  More time that he doesn't get the medical attention he needs.  I hate that $2,500 will be holding us up!

I know God is faithful and He has provided in every way so far, so I know He has this, BUT we are cutting it really close and that has my nerves on end.  I look at his sweet face every day and long to hold him and tell him I love him.  This wait has been an incredible time of growth for me, but also very excruciating.  I can't even begin to explain what it's like, to have a child that you know God created to be your son, but not be able to hug him, or kiss him, or know that he is okay.  It's hard.  It's very hard.

It's also hard to keep having to ask for money, but I will continue to push on because you will do things you never thought you could when it comes to your children.

Our sweet little boy didn't ask to be abandoned, or born with all the medical conditions he has, but yet there he is; a precious gift from God.  A little boy who loves, makes other people laugh, and has a big heart even though it doesn't work perfectly.

God has called us to bring this little boy home, but He hasn't called us to do it alone.  We are praying for and relying on God calling others to help us in this journey.  We are beyond blessed by those who have answered that call already.  We will never be able to tell you thank you enough.

I'm not sure what plan God has for this part of our journey, but I know it has to happen soon.  We covet your prayers right now as we wait and hope to get one step closer to our little boy.  God bless!

~Carly

No comments:

Post a Comment