Tuesday, November 4, 2014

I Choose Faith

It has been a stressful week!  We got TA (travel approval) one week ago today, and I can honestly tell you that satan does not want us to go get our little boy.  Have you ever had those times when you are walking in God's will and it seems like one little thing after the other is trying to bring you down?  That has been us this week.  The day we received TA, we found out we would be be traveling a little over a week later.  I was SO excited, however, it was going to be a little tricky because all the shopping we needed to do would fall in between paychecks.  It didn't help that only a few days later our brake pads went out and had to be replaced, and then we had some other car issues pop up.  We did the best we could, but ran into some financial stress.  We also found out yesterday that the $5700 that we had wired last week to the government in Hunan for Asher's orphanage child rearing fee, was going to be returned to us because they decided out of the blue to no longer accept this fee via wire.  That meant that even though our money was already there, they weren't going to accept it, they were going send it back and require us to carry it with us in cash.  The really bad part was that we weren't sure it was going to make it back to us before we left.  Where were we supposed to come up with another $5700 to cover this?  Needless to say, I was a little overwhelmed with it all!

We asked for prayer, and our faithful friends and family lifted them up on our behalf.  We are SO thankful for you all!  I too lifted up my prayers, asking God to take these burdens from my shoulders and for His will to be done.

Yesterday afternoon we were blessed to receive a very generous donation by a wonderful friend, that will help us get everything else we need before we travel.  Today, I received an email from our agency saying their team in China was able to work with the Hunan government to accept our money via wire, so now that issue is completely resolved.  God is SO good!

Satan can try to knock us down and keep us from what God desires, but if we place our faith in God, all things will work according to His great plan and purpose.  I choose faith!

Thank you all again for your prayers and support as we are days away from travel.  The biggest burden on our hearts at this time is leaving our two boys here while we go to China with our daughter.  Love you all!


1 comment:

  1. Awesome news! Thank you Lord!! Praying for you all-- for an uneventful trip and a smooth process, uncomplicated transitions, peaceful waiting for those at home, and for sweet Asher's precious self with all the imminent changes!! :) So excited for you guys. <3